(1) Air Pollution- There are so many pollution harming our environment due to silly mistaken done by us. For detail smoke produce by factories, industries, burning of polythene led harmful gases that harms our environment directly or indirectly. - Direct is the time when harmful gases produce from such condition enters our body and effects it directly and indirectly is the time when the harmful gases deposits in the ozone layer causing the depletion to it called global warming. This global warming is one of the major problem in our current situation because its causing one of the dangerous diseases i.e skin cancer.
(2) Deforestation- The major gas that needed by human being is 02 which is mainly produce by trees and plants. But nowadays we know there are lots of deforestation going on which can lead to big issue like decreasing in o2 percentage and increasing in co2. Due to this our world is facing a big problem which is also a great factor to climate change.
(3) Sewage- Industries, factories produces lots of an energy producing side products like sewage. Sewage actually means a solution or suspension flown away from factories. It contains some of the harmful bacteria and chemicals that can infect human beings, animals and environment too.
These all are the human activities responsing in the future. But there are also some other factors affecting to climate change naturally like: -
(1) Currents of ocean, sea.
(2) Distance from the sea or ocean.
(4) Proximity to the equator.
Due to change in climate, there is a change in the type and distribution of vegetation. Faster changes however, may have caused desertification in certain ares.
The study of ice drilled from the depths of the antarctic continent can be used to show the connection between temperature and variation in sea level. The air trapped in the bubbles in the ice can be used to find the CO2 concentration of the air and can be compared with the present concentration to note its rise.
Glaciers can be considered be the most concrete evidences of climate change.Glacier retreats leave behind moraines that consist of organic matter that can be accurately dated. This study gives us the proof that glaciers certainly are retreating. Moreover, photographic evidences to prove this phenomena are also available.
5)Study Of Tree Rings
The study of tree rings, also known as Dendroclimatology, is the analysis of tree ring growth to determine the climate variations in the past. Wide and thick rings indicate a period with adequate water as narrow rings indicate a period with low rainfall and harsh growing conditions.
After four years of making a comprehensive study of the world's major ecosystems, a group of scholars and environmental leaders, who were part of a study called the Millennium Ecosystems Assessment (MA) - published their first report. Some of the conclusions they reached follow : "During the past half century, the growing demand for food, freshwater, timber fiber and fuel has caused unprecedented changes in earth's ecosystem, straining earth's ability to sustain future generations."
Earth's natural ability to pollinate crops, provide air conditioning by wild plants and recycle nutrients by the oceans is being overtaxed. The planet is also at the edge of a missive wave of species extinction.
Can planet earth be saved? The answer is a resounding yes! As caretakers of God's creation, we should do our best to respect the environment. However only through divine intervention will the ecosystems be brought back into balance.
Some of the activities related to natural conservation are:
1) Conservation Programme:
2) Government agency:
3) National and international agency
4) Non - government agency
5) Educational institution
Before understanding about the climate change around us, we have to know the basic knowledge about the climate and how it has started. Our mother planet(Earth) receive some sort of energy from the Sun which regulates the climate all over the earth. Our earth's climate not only change due to effect of sun but also from the energy that comes within from the earth viz. the atmosphere, the oceans, biospheres, geosphere, land, Ice living organisms which indirectly ulters the heat around the surface of earth.
The atmosphere which plays a great role in the earth's climate. The atmosphere contains a variety of gases like oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and so on. But as a days are passing the harmful gases like methane, carbon dioxide are forming in the air along and decreasing the amount of natural gases which is known as greenhouse effect. These harmful gases has a large effects on the energy that regulates the climate of the earth because the greenhouse effect traps a lot of heat in the atmosphere and unable these harmful gases to get of the atmosphere keeping the earth warmer.
The cryosphere such as ice sheets, glacier, sea ice, and so on have a lot significant impact on our earth as it being white reflects the sunlight rays but due to global warming it is melting in a great speed and defecting to absorb the heat. So, without the cryosphere our earth would be more warmer as it traps the heat and would not reflect any heat and consequently increasing the earth temperature.
The science pleads to us to stop emitting much greenhouse gases, they show us various reports regarding climate change in form of ice-melting, animal disappearing, drought and so on. Then we finally observe some weak public support which ends with a false political promise about the neccesity of urgent action.
- England and Wales : About 350,000 people suffered disaster which has never been in over 60 years. Both England and Wales suffered a great disaster in May to July.
- Lesotho : It was a terrific year for Lesotho. Drought and rising temperature destroyed a lot of crops. About 553,000 people required food aid.
- Sudan : Heavy rains caused 150,000 people shelterless. More than 500,000 received aid.
- Madagascar : Heavy rains, cyclones and other hazards caused 33,000 people suffered and 260,000 crops destroyed.
- North Korea : Around 960,000 people were badly hit by widespread landslides, and mud slides.
- Bangladesh : 8.5 million people were affected by flood and killed more than 3,000 as well as 1.25 million farm animals. Nearly 1.5 million homes were either damaged or destroyed.
- India : 30 million people were injured by flood.
- Bolivia : More than 350,000 were effected by floods displacing 25,000 .
- Mexico : Unbelievable floods at least lead 500,000 homeless and effected more than a million.
- United States : Fires across tinder-dry southern California lead 500,000 residents to flee from their homes.
- Dominican Republic: Heavy rainfall caused floods and landslides, leading 65,000 displaced.
- Pakistan : Cyclones lead 377,000 people homeless and hundreds of dead.
- Carbon diet is one the effective way to know how climate change has effect the environment and to understand some action to diagnosis its impact.
- Low carbon diet is another way to reduce the climate change impact by choosing the food which effect the climate much less.
- Using Vehicles that does not emits co2. Running, bicycle is least impactful mode of transportation that will help our climate to free from carbon dioxide.
- Using mostly non - animal products because animal products produces more greenhouse gases. According to the some intelligence it is known that animal products cause more effects on climate than burning fuels.
- Using Vehicles that gives more mileage because these cars produce less carbon dioxide than vehicle giving less mileage.
- Using wind energy is the most efficient method to produce electricity because it produce less amount of harmful gases actually negligible amount of gases. Nowadays, it is being used in various european countries like Denmark, Spain, Italy and so on.
- Planting trees is one of the famous method to control the climate. Planting trees helps to remove the carbon dioxide as the grown trees sucks up the air co2. There are many places where plants can be grown such as in places like road ways, parks, forests, public gardens, yards and so on. And buying non-old growth paper is better for our climate and as well as for forests.
- We can see the star label in modern appliances like washing machine, geyeser, household appliances, office equipment, heating and cooling equipment, lights, kitchen appliance and so on. This star label is meant for the less consumption of energy.
- What climate change mean?
- Factors affecting to Climate change
- Evidence for Climate Change
- Will Earth Sustain Future Generatoin
- Conservation For Climate Change
- Climate system
- Climate change and deteriorating interest of polit...
- Disasters in 2007
- The changing surface of the Earth
- Individual action against on climate change
- Historical Records
- Different types of clouds
- The changing seasons
- Rivers and their changing paths
- The Earth
- Weather conditions in the making
- The Ozone Layer
- Ice Ages
- Oceans and seas
- The Changing Colour
- ▼ April (23)